On February 19, 2007, some fifty intrepid investors took a leap and signed up to get a new Bogleheads forum up and running. For the math challenged, that means this coming February 19, 2018, the forum will be eleven years old (being one of the math challenged, I used a calculator to verify that).
In those eleven years, we’ve put up some mind-boggling numbers:
- We now have over 68,000 registered members.
- Those members have made nearly 3.7 million posts on nearly a quarter million topics.
- We’ve had as many a 1790 individuals online at the same time.
- There are usually about 10 visitors or “lurkers” for each
registered member online at any one time.
- Visitors and posters come from all over the world.
- We now have 72 Bogleheads Local Chapters, including four foreign chapters (Paris, Taiwan, UAE/Dubai and Hong Kong).
- The forum’s Wiki is an amazing resource. It’s a reservoir of information on just about any investing-related topic one can think of. It’s constantly being expanded and the existing information is updated when needed.
So on this special day, I want to thank Larry Auton, Alex Fract, all the other administrators and moderators, and you, the members, for contributing. Together, we’ve made this forum the best investing site on the internet where folks can come, knowing they’ll get solid, unbiased information from folks who aren’t selling anything.